We had an amazing opening night June 2nd at ArtShareLA and loved the opportunity to show our latest Chimes for Change project in a prominent downtown gallery. This is was especially meaningful to our high school students, who made a special field trip to hang their chimes on our giant metal tree and check out in the gallery for the afternoon! If you were able to make it to our opening night, you might have seen several of the students there!
We have so many people to thank for helping out with Chimes for Change! It was a huge undertaking and we couldn’t have done it without the support of the following superstars!
- James Peterson, (tree designer and project planner)
- Steve Shatkin & Tortoise Industries (our incredible tree fabricators)
- Lush Cosmetics Charity Pot (incredible project sponsors for student ipads)
- Erinn Bone (music mentor extraordinaire)
- NiNo Alicea, Regina Clemente, Scott Froschauer, James Peterson and all of our fabulous artist mentors who helped with student chime-building)
- Jeffrey Sapin (ever-patient teacher and project supervisor at Larchmont Charter High School)
- ArtShareL.A (thanks for hosting our installation!)
- All of our amazing and generous crowdfunding sponsors for helping finance the project!
It’s always bittersweet to finish up a big, semester-long project like this one! But we are really proud of the student work, and the reception this installation received from the greater public. If you weren’t able to make it to the gallery to see this interactive installation, you can visit
to see photos of each student’s chime, read their artist statement, and listen to their recorded song – all through the website!
We’ll be spending this summer revamping our website, doing some fundraising and dreaming up new plans for upcoming projects – so make sure you’re following us on social media and are signed up for newsletter updates so you stay in the loop with all the changes coming about!
photos: Ramon Flores