● Interactive: art has an active, not passive, role
● Collaborative: leadership and team-building
● Creative: participants express their own creative ideas
● Direct Action: programs result in local change
● Community Driven: multigenerational and multi-sector involvement
1. Co-create arts programming in communities where it is needed and wanted.
2. Bring awareness to social and environmental challenges confronting Los Angeles.
3. Amplify the voices of marginalized groups.
4. Share resources with local artists and stakeholders from the communities where we work.
5. Illustrate the connections between creative, social, environmental, racial, and economic justice.
Read our statement of Equity and Inclusion
“Human resources are like natural resources; they’re often buried deep. You have to go looking for them, they’re not just lying around on the surface. You have to create the circumstances where they show themselves.”
― Ken Robinson