RuckusRoots believes in the power of art to inspire positive change in the world.
RuckusRoots is an LA-based 501(c)(3) non profit organization that merges the arts and sustainability into empowering, interactive experiences. Our mission is to create stronger, more sustainable communities by fostering connection, creativity and engagement. To do so, we provide underserved youth and adults in Los Angeles with artistic opportunities that connect them to their neighborhoods, the planet and their own creative powers. Through immersive events, interactive installations, collaborative programs and thought-provoking public art, we unveil the positive, creative side of sustainability, transforming participants into proactive agents of change.
● Interactive: Art has an active, not passive, role.
● Collaborative: Leadership and team-building skills.
● Creative: Participants discover their own creative voice.
● Empowering Direct Action: Programs aim to result in change at the local level
● Community Driven: Multi-level community involvement is encouraged, including family member, local business and public audience participation.
1) Provide arts programming in communities where it is lacking
2) Uncover environmental and social problems affecting the communities in which we work.
3) Encourage art as a platform for expression about these eco and social issues.
4) Support practicing artists and provide participants with mentoring and internship opportunities with local artists.
5) Support the arts by creating programs that illustrate the value of art as a vehicle for change, and as a sustainable lifestyle practice.
“Human resources are like natural resources; they’re often buried deep. You have to go looking for them, they’re not just lying around on the surface. You have to create the circumstances where they show themselves.”
― Ken Robinson