Join us for Garden Magic: Spring 2022 edition: Register here.
Garden Magic: Fall 2021
Here’s a look at what students learned in our first Garden Magic program at Hungry Gardens Urban Farm during the fall of 2021:
- Session 1: Garden Curiosities: Plant a seed and paint your own terra cotta pot
- Session 2: Soil Party: Learn about the science of soil and make your own soil microbe
- Session 3: Native Plants and Pollinators: Learn why native plants are important for healthy food gardens, make a collage out of objects found in nature
- Session 4: Colorful Creations: Discover how veggies, fruits and flowers can be used to dye a piece of cloth!
- Session 5 : A visit from Mushroom Expert Sam Shoemaker, and starting to design our Garden Magic Markers that will mark all of the garden beds at Hungry Gardens
- Session 6: Finish Painting and Placing our Garden Magic Markers!
- Session 7: Our culminating session- parents and friends are invited to help us finish our Magic Markers and celebrate our accomplishments beautifying the garden!
This project is made possible in part by the Tah Dah Foundation and a grant from the City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs.