Join us online as we stay connected through The Pandemic. We hope these free art classes bring you a sense of community, fun and creativity during this time.
Because of the COVID-19 outbreak, we are now offering a few options for online classes held via Zoom.
- Food for Thought is an online version of our collaboration with FEAST for All in South Central LA, is for school-aged youth and explores healthy eating and creating art from food packaging.
- Fridays with Friends is an online artist residency program featuring a new local artist each week, with a new theme and artistic technique! Join us and stay connected and creative on the world wide web!
Helpful tips and FAQs:
- Once registered, we will send a link to the email address you provided 30 minutes prior to class start time. Classes will be held via Zoom. If joining from a smartphone, you will need to download the Zoom App to participate in the class. If joining from a desktop device, any browser (Chrome, Safari, Explorer) should work. You do not need to create an account on Zoom to participate.
- Materials needed for each session will be sent in the email or can be found on our instagram.
- Create a comfortable spot for creating art (hard flat surface recommended) prior to starting workshop.
- Children under 5 should be supervised while taking class.
- We may offer workshops for download at a later date but for now they are only available as live streaming.
PAST RUCKUSROOTS TRASHFormations
Our flagship program since 2010, TRASHformation is an interactive art experience that turns community-generated waste into a collaboratively built art piece.
TRASHformation aims to raise awareness about consumption and waste production while highlighting participant-driven community issues and encouraging participants to explore their own creative capabilities as artists. Our goal is to change the way participants think about their garbage, making it clear that trash can be transformed into treasure. The program also allows participants to explore and express themes affecting their local community, and provides a platform for discussing and tackling them on a grassroots level. TRASHformation teaches participants fundamental art, construction and sustainable building skills, and transforms solitary bystanders into a bonded and empowered community of “can do” activists, enthusiastically collaborating on a common goal.
See more videos of TRASHformation in action here!
TRASHformation (Presentation / Installation) at D3 Lab, Nightingale Middle School
TRASHformation (The Build) at D3 Lab, Nightingale Middle School
TRASHformation at Academia Avance Middle School, Highland Park, Los Angeles
TRASHformation at Legacy LA
TRASHformation at the University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh
no images were found